Re: Perl upgrade : part 2

Le Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 03:49:49PM -0700, Darren O. Benham écrivait:
> > You can take a look at my packages :
> > - libmldbm-perl is an example of non-binary perl module
> > - libmsgcat-perl is an example of binary perl module
> > - sympa is an example of perl script
>
> No.... examples of packages that DO conform to perl's policy that lintian
> report as NOT conforming.  ie... what EXACTLY needs to be fixed in lintian
> besides accepting perl5 in place of perl on dependancy lines.

Ok, that's what I said. :) The package above DO conform to perl policy and
lintian procudes bunch of such warnings :
/rack/perso/paquets@p200$ lintian libmldbm-perl_2.00-5_all.deb
W: libmldbm-perl: perl-script-needs-dependency "perl" usr/lib/perl5/MLDBM.pm require Tie::Hash

This warning should not be produced if there's a dependency on perl5 or
perl-5.\d{3} or perl-5.\d{3}-thread ... you will need to update your
database of perl modules with perl-5.005 too ...

I don't see any other bad report from lintian ... maybe other people here
have other problems ?

Simply correcting this for lintian 1.5 would be cool ...

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/