Re: Perl upgrade : part 2

Le Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 02:46:48PM -0700, Darren O. Benham écrivait:
> Give a little (or a lot) of patience for Lintian and Debugs.  Both are huge
> packages and I'm going to require a "little extra" time to get them both
> squared away.  As for the rest of my packages, they are small and minor and
> you can NMU them or wait until I can do it.

Yes I did not intend to NMU lintian since there are other things to fix.
But when you released 1.4, you could have added the | perl5 to the
depends line (it was after the beginning of the perl upgrade if I recall
correctly). :-)

> As it is, I"m not ready to install perl-5.005 yet.. not until more of the
> "important" packages (in contrast to wmweather) are upgraded.

You don't need to install perl-5.005 for correcting your packages ! You
just need to update the dependency line of your perl scripts. The only
persons who really need to install perl-5.005 are those who have
binary perl modules ...

And the day where most of the job for the perl upgrade will be done, if
lintian is not yet finished for the new perl, I'm willing to help you
since it's something that we really need. :)

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/