Re: perl installation seems seriously broken

Previously John Lapeyre wrote:
> 	     Damn.  Everyone following the perl upgrade knew this was
> coming.

I knew it to some degree, but I kind of lost track of the exact solution
that was planned somewhere.

> We should have used a staging area. At this point, I would
> sugest posting big WARNINGS and simply trying to get new packages
> uploaded as quickly as possible.

Probably true. I think we need to get used to the concept of a staging
area and do them in a more official way. But that's a topic for
debian-release..

> I finished uploading my packages, and people are supposed to post here
> if they want NMU's done.

I  just NMU'ed dpkg fwiw. I think you should take a bit more active
approach and also offer to NMU packages if they're not fixed in a week
or so.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl