Re: selecting Debian mentors for the mentor summit

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 5:10 PM Manas Kashyap <manaskashyaptech@gmail.com> wrote:
How is random fair ? I am not getting it , plus if contributions are not only measurement , then i already asked everyone to show their atleaset some work ? , and many of the mentors dont have even one contribution , so i am not getting it . Really

Manas, let it go. Let's focus on more productive discussions.
It is the right of admins to make rules and decisions, let's respect their rights.

If you were admin, maybe you would have done things differently, but I doubt
that everyone would have been happy with your decisions.
I volunteered to be an admin at the beginning of GSoC and thanks God I was
ignored. Had I been an admin I would have been much more assertive than
the current admins. For example I would have requested every project to use
GitHub, and thus I would have alienated more than half of the mentors and
students. I think that you would not have done better if you were an admin.

By the way, random selection seems the only fair selection to me,
when everyone has tried his best to be a good mentor.

Regards,
Dashamir