Re: selecting Debian mentors for the mentor summit

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:57 AM Molly de Blanc <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:
I think it would be good for us to send one mentor and one admin. Jaminy
(who has been a great admin) expressed interest. Are there any objections?

Unless anyone else has strong feelings, I'm inclined to literally roll
the dice and randomly pick someone.

Making a transparent random selection online is almost impossible,
even using cryptographic tools and techniques. Fortunately you don't
have to make it neither transparent nor random (and you are already
using some criteria, which defy the idea of random selection).

So I would suggest that you use your best judgment to make the selection,
instead of pretending or really making it random. To the criteria that you
proposed you may also add the criteria of selecting a member from
underrepresented communities (a woman), and that simplifies a lot your
selection.

Regards,
Dashamir