Re: selecting Debian mentors for the mentor summit

On 07/08/18 21:40, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I agree with the points presented to be part of the selection algorithm
> (maybe not in the order that you listed) but I would add something to
> measure the candidate's contributions to Debian Project, since the
> selected mentors will represent the project there.

Are you suggesting this for both candidates or maybe just an aim to have
one candidate who is an established contributor or DD and the other
candidate is arbitrary?

>From a GSoC perspective, I feel that attracting good students and
mentoring them well is a big contribution to Debian even if the mentor
doesn't do a lot of other things.

Like contributions to Debian, mentoring quality is actually hard to
quantify though and as an admin, I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to
rate somebody else on either contributions to Debian or mentoring skill.
 Evaluating whether somebody attended the summit last year is easy though.

Regards,

Daniel