Re: Applications feedback

On 20/03/2018 19:20, Molly de Blanc wrote:

> On 03/20/2018 02:13 PM, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
>> feedback: should mentors organize so that all
>> applications get some feedback from mentors before the submission deadline?
>
> This is my first year doing this, so someone else should feel free to
> weigh in.
>
> While I suspect it's probably not necessary (judge based on your own
> time and resources), it's probably nice for everyone to get some
> feedback. I don't know how useful it would be from someone who didn't
> work with you through the application process.

I'll rephrase it:  I see 45 applications on the GSoC portal (and I
assume we will receive more), I have no idea about which ones are the
results of interactions with possible mentors and which ones are
spontaneous ones.  It would be nice to have some coordination and
determines which applications are already followed by mentors and which
may profit from some guidance.

I can try to do some bookkeeping, but if there is not interest from
other mentors (are other mentors on the mailing list? I don't see much
traffic...) I will restrict it to projects that interest me personally.

Cheers,
Dan