Re: [users] Re: Fonts.

Standard packaging procedure is to tell you about differences in the
packages in README.Debian.  I could easily argue the other way, saying
that other people would look at README.Debian first and wonder why it
was not documented there.  I'm very surprised you did not know to look
in /usr/share/doc/<packagename>.

It's funny, too, because I just spent a long plane ride the other day hunting through /usr/share/doc and reading a bunch of interesting facts I'd never seen before. I never thought to look there for font installs, though -- I just assumed that there was something weird with my personal machine, not that it was a different configuration set up by the Debian team.

Thanks for your help.

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing that it would be helpful to update the help
files too, but pratically speaking it is not likely to get done unless
someone else starts helping out:  Rene & I have much wore work than we
can possibly do and low priority tasks such as this must take a back
seat for now.  Patches to the source are welcome, of course.

Email me off list. I'm not much of a programmer, but I can hunt through the help files looking for inaccuracies.

--Matt