Re: [users] Re: Fonts.

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 15:36, Matthew Gracie wrote:
> It seems to me that if the OpenOffice package has been modified by
> Debian to perform differently than the standard, this should be
> reflected in the Debian version of the Help files. I doubt that I'm the
> first person to read many, many web pages that say to use spadmin to add
> fonts and get confused.

Standard packaging procedure is to tell you about differences in the
packages in README.Debian.  I could easily argue the other way, saying
that other people would look at README.Debian first and wonder why it
was not documented there.  I'm very surprised you did not know to look
in /usr/share/doc/<packagename>.

Anyway, I'm not disagreeing that it would be helpful to update the help
files too, but pratically speaking it is not likely to get done unless
someone else starts helping out:  Rene & I have much wore work than we
can possibly do and low priority tasks such as this must take a back
seat for now.  Patches to the source are welcome, of course.

Thanks,