Re: [users] Re: Fonts.

Tapio Lehtonen wrote:

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 07:44:14PM -0400, Matt Gracie wrote:

Believe me, I've checked the online help. I've read everything I could
find in Google. And I still just can't figure it out.

How do I add fonts to my OpenOffice install?

spadmin is for managing printers.
To add fonts, install font packages. I assume you are running Debian
GNU/Linux since you asked in a Debian mailing list, so use dselect,
aptitude or apt-get.

apt-get install freefont
To find out what font packages are available, do
  apt-cache search font --names-only | more

It seems to me that if the OpenOffice package has been modified by Debian to perform differently than the standard, this should be reflected in the Debian version of the Help files. I doubt that I'm the first person to read many, many web pages that say to use spadmin to add fonts and get confused.

Where would I file a bug specific to the Debian build of OOo?

--Matt