Re: oo doesn't start [SOLVED]

That's it. You've got it.

I have replaced the xtt module in my XFree config by freetype and it
works perfectly.

I guess Chris has freetype in his config file.

BTW I don't use a Font Server, I don't see any good reason to use one a
home desktop machine.

Thanks,
Christophe

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:10:31AM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> > > Yes, I tried it on 2 machines without problems with msttcorefonts and the
> > > same path as you gave.
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > Have you updated msttcorefonts recently ?
> > Are you runnning XFree 4.1 ?
> > Do you use a font server (me not) ?
> >
> > I have suspected a name collision with the font from the xfonts-abi
> > package but after removing it I still have the problem.
>
> I have msttcorefonts installed, but I do use a font server (xfs and
> xfs-xtt together).  Do you load the xtt module in your X config or the
> freetype module?  I am using the freetype module in mine.
>
> I would recommend using a font server, but I have had OpenOffice.org
> running here without it as well (yet still with msttcorefonts installed)
> which is why I wondered about thefreetype vs. xtt modules in your X
> configuration.
>
> Regards,
> 					Andrew.
> --
> Andrew @ Catalyst .Net.NZ Ltd, PO Box 11-053, Manners St, Wellington
> WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/        PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
> DDI: +64(4)916-7201    MOB: +64(21)635-694    OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
>        Are you enrolled at http://schoolreunions.co.nz/ yet?

A qui sait comprendre, peu de mots suffisent.
(Intelligenti pauca.)