Re: Some issues with oo.o 1.0.0-3

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:44:44PM +0200, Chris Halls wrote:
> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:04:25PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  The attached patch might solve that "problem" and stop touching
> > ~/.mailcap for the user.  I found that it also edits ~/.mime.types by
> > browsing that file, I have disabled that, too.  Though I haven't found
> > that special entries in /etc/mime.types -- you should mail
> > mime-support@packages.debian.org with that entries to have them added
> > according to the comment in that file.
>
> Cool, thanks a lot :)  I'll try it next time I'm rebuilding completely.

patching file regmimetypes.cxx
Hunk #2 FAILED at 336.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 353.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 371.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 389.
4 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file regmimetypes.cxx.rej

Where did you get that file from?

I looked at what you've done, and I'm not sure I can include this patch as
it is.  I'm worried enough as it is about us about us being perceived as
creating a fork, and your patch disables the functionality unconditionaly.

I've started looking at Mandrake's packaging, and it seems they have a
better idea of what's going on with this setup/registration stuff.
Hopefully we can work out how to stop this just by modifying the
configuration files, not the source itself.

Mandrake's CVS is viewable at:
http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/contrib-SPECS/OpenOffice.org/

Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany