Re: Some issues with oo.o 1.0.0-3

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 14:13, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> [openoffice script checks for ~/.openoffice hardcoded instead of
>   checking ~/.sversionrc]
> > Hmm, well at least with a fixed ~/.openoffice we know if the user ran
> setup
> > manually for themselves :)
> >
> > The whole setup thing needs looking at - making this one change won't
> fix a
> > great deal and will make it harder to tell if there was another
> problem.  It
> > needs a good solution, not just another hack.
>
>  I am not that good in posix scripting, maybe I can find a dirty hack
> for that openoffice script to check that...  I think we have to at least
> have the version "OpenOffice.org 1.0" hardcoded in the script for the
> check within the .sversionrc file, or is there a way to get that version
> string from somewhere?

I think that Chris suggested this before but, can we change the
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice script so that it can do the job of
the openoffice script? Do we even need to openoffice script or at most
just make it run soffice.

On the current OO script we check for the existance of the ~/.openoffice
directory we should check for the .sversionrc file as this is hardcoded
and will always be detected if installed. Can I suggest searching for
the OO version that we are currently on.
So
if [ ! -d ~/.openoffice ]; then
  echo running openoffice setup...

becomes

if [ ! -r ~/.sversionrc ] && grep -v "OpenOffice.org 1.0=" ~/.sversionrc
then
  echo running openoffice setup...

john

--
John Cooper                     |Phone 0114 223 3052
Your Senior IT Administrator    |Fax   0114 290 9192