Re: Font Problem

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:35:13PM +0100, Tom Badran wrote:
> It is an alias for 'Andale Sans UI' and both should do the same thing. It was
> added in a recent openoffice (last release before 1.0 i believe) so that it
> was no longer a 'hidden' option.

Hmm, I guess it's known not to work if the README doesn't mention it.

> Ahh, i thought it would use the system freetype library. Is the one in OO
> compiled with the same options (i.e ignoring apples patent nonsense) as the
> system library? It seems to render fonts slightly worse than the system
> freetype, they look more blurred to me.

Nope, they disabled the patent stuff.  That's why I started looking at it.
You can achieve the same affect by using the system library with

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libfreetype.so openoffice

but you'll probably find your bullets stop working.