Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenOffice.org 1.0.1rc and status update

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 10:25:40AM -0400, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:
> BTW, I wuld like to see more action on the official OOo mailing lists from
> distribution based developers.  I see Chris and Peter and Jan actively on
> these lists but still don't see some good patches (stl_gcc.h compiled with
> gcc 3.1.1 for example make it to the dev@tools lists or elsewhere.

I already submitted several patches to IssueZilla, and some were applied for
1.0.1 already.  But it takes time for me to get them ready and make sure
they are suitable for inclusion.  The most work went into #4172 and #4176,
and those are both stagnating in IZ with unanswered comments like 'will this
make it for 1.0.x'.  I understand that there is a limit to the manpower
available, and I too only have limited time to work on OOo, so I've been
concentrating my time more on the Debian packages and waiting for the
other patches to be accepted.  I had to bug Sander for weeks for one of
them.

I expect the remaining items are now too out of date to be included, so I'll
have to generate new ones sometime, along with the other patches that have
mounted up in our patch directory.

Anyway, I appreciate that you have taken the trouble to follow our mailing
list and are bridging the gap in the opposite direction, too.  And thanks
for the reminder that no-one has done any patch submitting for a while :)