Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenOffice.org 1.0.1rc and status update

Am Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2002 15:16 schrieb Chris Halls:
> I did not implement the 'perfect' solution - just something that would work
> immediately, keep user problems to a minimum, allow up- and downgrades and
> be more similar to upstream's behaviour.

Upstream behaviour in this regard is of course rather broken - config files
should really be importable for minor version number changes. Of course,
that's not something the Debian packagers should be fixing, but the OOo
developers.

Do you need some more presence on the upstream mailing lists politely asking
for upgradeability? Should I file an issue about that in their issuezilla?
(my coding time and skills are rather limited, so I cannot offer those
unfortunately)

-Malte #8-)