Re: [ANNOUNCE] OpenOffice.org 1.0.1rc and status update

Hi,

Yes the upstream is aware of this.  What I tried to expalin in my last mail
was that changes in both hyphenation dictionary format and the creation of
shared dictionaries (as opposed to user specific dictionaries only)
necessitated that the user space from OOo 1.0 not be used for OOo 1.0.1

In general this will only be true for the stable series.  Once the
development branch 642 becomes active again, you can expect user land
pieces to change as needed to get to the next point.

Hope this explains things.

BTW, I wuld like to see more action on the official OOo mailing lists from
distribution based developers.  I see Chris and Peter and Jan actively on
these lists but still don't see some good patches (stl_gcc.h compiled with
gcc 3.1.1 for example make it to the dev@tools lists or elsewhere.

So I still am learning things from just reading your debian OOo list since
your problems are related to ours.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
OpenOffice.org Porter for PPC Linux