Re: Upgrading the octave-control package

Le mardi 16 janvier 2024 à 16:56 +0100, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :
> Le dimanche 07 janvier 2024 à 13:28 +0100, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> > * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2024-01-06 22:32]:
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > >
> > > I would like to first clarify and understand that unexpected move
> > > around SLICOT (moving from GPL v2 then proprietary then BSD 3-clause).
> > > Then I will update the Debian package if it is indeed possible.
> > >
> > > I suggest to wait until the situation around SLICOT is clarified before
> > > uploading the new octave-control.
> >
> > Ok.
>
> I have uploaded the new slicot, but only in experimental. The reason is
> that I get test failures of the octave-control 3.6.1-1 against this new
> slicot (invalid memory free in the test for inst/@lti/minreal.m). I
> don’t have the time to investigate right now.

I have verified that the new octave-control works fine with the new
slicot.

I’m going to upload the two in unstable, with appropriate relationships
to avoid broken combinations of old slicot with new octave-control, or
new slicot with old octave-control.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer