Re: Upgrading the octave-control package

Le dimanche 07 janvier 2024 à 13:28 +0100, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2024-01-06 22:32]:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > I would like to first clarify and understand that unexpected move
> > around SLICOT (moving from GPL v2 then proprietary then BSD 3-clause).
> > Then I will update the Debian package if it is indeed possible.
> >
> > I suggest to wait until the situation around SLICOT is clarified before
> > uploading the new octave-control.
>
> Ok.

I have uploaded the new slicot, but only in experimental. The reason is
that I get test failures of the octave-control 3.6.1-1 against this new
slicot (invalid memory free in the test for inst/@lti/minreal.m). I
don’t have the time to investigate right now.

If you are still willing to package octave-control 4.0.0, could you
possibly test it against the updated slicot package? If it works, then
we could synchronize the uploads to unstable (maybe adding a Breaks of
the new slicot against the old octave-control). If there are still test
failures, then more investigation will be needed, ideally involving
both upstreams.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer