Re: Upgrading the octave-control package

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2024-01-06 22:32]:

[snip]

I would like to first clarify and understand that unexpected move around SLICOT (moving from GPL v2 then proprietary then BSD 3-clause). Then I will update the Debian package if it is indeed possible.

I suggest to wait until the situation around SLICOT is clarified before uploading the new octave-control.

Ok.

Regarding your question, my understanding is that the Debian best practice is to keep tarballs unmodified whenever possible, which means keeping the embedded SLICOT in the source tarball, even if we don’t use it.

Ok. Should we mention its licensing conditions in debian/copyright, in this case?

Best,

Rafael Laboissière