Upgrading the octave-control package

Hi,

In the process of upgrading the Debian package octave-control, from upstream version 3.6.1 to 4.0.0, I noticed that the tarball contains the source files for the SLICOT library v5.8 [*].

Since the release of version 2.3.53-1 of the octave-control package, we have been build-depending on libslicot-dev and linking the __control_slicot_functions__.oct file against libslicot0.so, instead of building a local, static library for SLICOT.

Now, the version for the Debian packages for libslicot* is 5.0+20101122-4. Even if the package is upgraded to the latest upstream version (5.8), and we continue to dynamically link octave-control against it, there will remain a problem with debian/copyright, which does not mention the BSD-3 license of the SLICOT files, shipped with the upstream tarball. We should either remove the SLICOT files and repackage the upstream tarball or add a stanza for src/slicot/* in debian/copyright. The latter solution would be a little bit awkward, since we would not use the SLICOT sources included in the upstream tarball.

What do you think?

Best,

Rafael

[*] https://github.com/SLICOT/SLICOT-Reference/releases/tag/v5.8