Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

On 6/17/20 6:12 AM, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
Welcome aboard!

You should transfer your repositories into the DOG group at Salsa.d.o. (but see my remark below, first).

You should absolutely adapt your packages for using git-buildpackage: https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit

hi Rafael

thanks! a quick follow up questions - I followed the git workflow and used "gbp import-dsc /path/to/.dsc" and created a format-conforming local repo, but when I typed "git push", it failed with the below message

fangq@invocation:~/space/git/Temp/pkg/octave-jsonlab$ git push
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: GitLab:
remote: A default branch (e.g. master) does not yet exist for pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab
remote: Ask a project Owner or Maintainer to create a default branch:
remote:
remote:   https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab/-/project_members
remote:
To salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git@salsa.debian.org:pkg-octave-team/octave-jsonlab.git'

the octave-jsonlab repo was created moments ago under pkg-octave-team.

I must have missed something, can you point me to the section how to go from there?

Qianqian

Best,