Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

On 6/11/20 5:45 PM, Qianqian Fang wrote:
just a few short follow up questions:

In the created octave package, I don't see the INDEX/DESCRIPTION files. here is my installation script, I am wondering if I missed anything to install this properly

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/libzmat/-/blob/zmat/rules#L35

I just added these two lines to install the files manually

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/libzmat/-/blob/zmat/rules#L38

however, after installing the deb package, the pkg list command returned nothing.

How does libgdf handle this? I only saw the dh_octave_substvar call

https://salsa.debian.org/neurodebian-team/libgdf/-/blob/debian-release/debian/rules#L58

also, a side question, I noticed some octave packages also have a matlab-* package, like this one

http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/matlab-psychtoolbox-3.html

my toolbox is also compatible with both, do I need to create a separate package for matlab?

also, do I need to do anything in addition to set the file permissions (.m, .mex and docs)?

thanks a lot!

Qianqian

Best,

Rafael Laboissière