Re: Help packaging an octave toolbox

On 6/16/20 12:35 PM, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
You could join the Debian Octave Group: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianOctaveGroup

thanks, just sent the access request.

upon reading the group team page, the desired git repo structure is master for packaging, upstream for upstream src, and pristine-tar for delta files. I assume this is required.

my current salsa git folder is made of only the packaging files (debian/ folder), and provides a shell script in README.md for downloading the upstream tarball, make necessary modifications, and add the debian folder for packaging, for example

https://salsa.debian.org/fangq/jsonlab

I am happy to restructure my repo to follow the required format - just to be sure: the master branch should be the "modified-upstream-release"+debian folder, and the upstream branch should be directly extracted upstream folder, is this correct? should I do this in my own repos (salsa/fangq/...) or the team repo (salsa/pkg-octave-team/...)?

Qianqian

Best,