Re: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org> writes:

> On 06/22/2012 08:51 PM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> ygrek <ygrek@autistici.org> writes:

> In general, packages marked "RFA" are those without a dedicated human

>>> Just checked ocaml-extunix there. It shows upstream version 0.0.4,
>>> while the latest version is really 0.0.5 and it contains a fix for
>>> potential crash (quite unlikely, but still) with ocaml 4.00. Watch
>>> page says that it is up-to-date :
>>> http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/watch?pkg=ocaml-extunix but same page
>>> yaml output says newer version available :
>>> http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/udd-dehs?pkg=ocaml-extunix Thought I'd
>>> better let you know. Thanks for all your work!
>>
>> On that note it would also be really helpfull to get oasis 0.3 (even
>> an RC) in. Anyone in contact with Sylvain Le Gall?
>>

> He said (yesterday, on irc#debian-ocaml) he will release/upload oasis
> 0.3. But I don't see the point of releasing 0.3rc with Wheezy.

Yes, a release would be much better.

For me I need 2 features of oasis 0.3:

1) supports tiny static setup / tags / myocamlbuild files instead of
having those huge system specifc generated files with a few lines of
custom code tagged on. I hate having to commit a 1000 lines diff just
because my build dir is named different from the last commiter.

2) Library: foo results in a libfoo_stubs.a instead of libfoo.a

I've tried to convert libaio-ocaml to oasis. But the module is called
aio. So oasis 0.2 builds a libaio.a. But it also needs to link against
the systems libaio.so. There is no way to make this work in oasis 0.2.

The other thing is that ocaml-extunix is build with 0.3rc<something>.
Oasis isn't called at build time so building works. But if you have to
change the _oasis file then you have to lower the versions from 0.3 to
0.2 to be able to build extunix under Debian.

MfG
        Goswin