Re: camlp4-extra (<< 3.13) [was ... otags reloaded 3.12.1 ...]

   > override_dh_gencontrol:
   >         dh_gencontrol -i -- -VF:OCamlABI="$(OCAMLABI)"

   to your debian/rules. Sorry for telling you that ${ocaml:Depends} was
   enough before.

I'll try this. I am glad that we reached an understanding here.

   By the way, your package fails to build on armel, because there is no
   dynlink.cmxa there, but there is ocamlopt (you can simulate that in an
   amd64 chroot by remove /usr/lib/{dynlink.cmx*,*.cmxs}). You must cope
   with that. I suggest you to compile in bytecode in this case, but feel
   free to propose a better alternative.

OK, I'll check for this weired case and fall back to bytecode.

   Does otags really use Dynlink?

The otags binary itself does not use dynlink. But if external
parsing is used, the external camlp4 will usually load extensions
with dynlink.

   I know camlp4 depends on Dynlink
   nonetheless, which I currently consider a bug in upstream
   ocaml.

Is there a bug number for this?

   I've
   already faced the case where a fallback mecanism (for lack of Dynlink)
   was provided, but it was still not possible to compile it natively
   because it was using camlp4 as a library.

With some pain one could probably work around the dynlink
dependency by not using Camlp4.Struct and Camlp4Bin and linking
explicitly with the needed modules instead of camlp4*cmxa.

Bye,

Hendrik