Re: camlp4-extra (<< 3.13) [was ... otags reloaded 3.12.1 ...]

Le 30/01/2012 23:58, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
> [...] I can even install this package in
> Squeeze alongside ocaml 3.11.2. Then its an easy exercise to
> produce a segmentation fault with otags. The same could happen
> when ocaml 3.13 enters Debian.

OK. Then "camlp4-extra (<< 3.13)" is probably not enough. You should add
a dependency to "ocaml-base-nox-${F:OCamlABI}", and add:

> override_dh_gencontrol:
>         dh_gencontrol -i -- -VF:OCamlABI="$(OCAMLABI)"

to your debian/rules. Sorry for telling you that ${ocaml:Depends} was
enough before.

Indeed, if there is only a native executable in otags, there is no
reason why dh_ocaml would generate that dependency (it would if there
were a bytecode executable). My bad.

By the way, your package fails to build on armel, because there is no
dynlink.cmxa there, but there is ocamlopt (you can simulate that in an
amd64 chroot by remove /usr/lib/{dynlink.cmx*,*.cmxs}). You must cope
with that. I suggest you to compile in bytecode in this case, but feel
free to propose a better alternative.

Does otags really use Dynlink? I know camlp4 depends on Dynlink
nonetheless, which I currently consider a bug in upstream ocaml. I've
already faced the case where a fallback mecanism (for lack of Dynlink)
was provided, but it was still not possible to compile it natively
because it was using camlp4 as a library.

Stéphane