Re: pkg like shlibs

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 19:52 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 07:49:42PM +1000, skaller wrote:

> > I can cope with that temporarily -- just tell people to
> >
> > 	cp -R /usr/lib/felix/felix-1.1.2 /usr/local/felix/
> >
> > or perhaps copy to ~/felix as they see fit -- if they want to save
>
> Bah, just go the full way, and have binaries being version dependent, like gcc
> does.

But this:

"  2) we decided to keep only a single ocaml non versioned package,
   in order to avoid issues with NEW and lag due to the
   ftp-masters overload."

seemed like good advice.

> > the old version. I won't be installing my own package .. I don't
> > want any installed version because it will interfere with testing
> > the development version. Also why I don't install Ocaml via
>
> Bah, just install in a separate changeroot.

Yup, I have one, although I can't figure out how to install a .deb
and its dependencies at the moment. Is there a tool for that?