Re: pkg like shlibs

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 10:13 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> We already moved some this way with ocaml, who installs in
> /usr/lib/ocaml/<version>, but didn't go the full way.

Ok, can I do this too? I would install in:

/usr/lib/felix/felix-1.1.2

> There are two issues
> remaining :
>
>   1) binaries are not versioned. Upstream support for this is a bit fishy, and
>   it would have represented lot of work.
>
>   2) we decided to keep only a single ocaml non versioned package, in order to
>   avoid issues with NEW and lag due to the ftp-masters overload.

I understand. What happens, if I upgrade my Ocaml? Does the old
directory get deleted due to a conflict removing the old
Ocaml package first?

I can cope with that temporarily -- just tell people to

	cp -R /usr/lib/felix/felix-1.1.2 /usr/local/felix/

or perhaps copy to ~/felix as they see fit -- if they want to save
the old version. I won't be installing my own package .. I don't
want any installed version because it will interfere with testing
the development version. Also why I don't install Ocaml via
Debian -- I like to play beta-tester for the Inria CVS version.