pkg like shlibs

I would like to install 'like shlibs'.

When a shared library is installed, if the 'version'
changes, the old shlib is not removed, because this would
break already built binaries.

Instead, a new shlib is simply added, and 'most recent'
links are added.

Other packages do this too, for example installing gcc
doesn't clobber an old version of gcc, it adds a new
set of components, and adjusts one link, 'gcc' to point
to the most recent one.

With Felix I want to do this too. The basic install shouldn't
clobber the old one. In this case the script 'flx' is the
thunk which is clobbered to point to the new install
(but it can be told to point at any install with a switch
or environment variable).

However this means I can't install in places like:

	/usr/lib/felix

but have to install in

	/usr/lib/felix-1.1.2

instead. However the package name is 'felix' ..

What's the best way to handle this?

I think it is OK than man pages get clobbered
(man is too dumb to be extensible).

Also the 'doc base' can point at the most recent docs.

The reason for all this is the same as for any system:
ABI changes shouldn't break existing code or development
efforts.

* ELF already handles this for shared libraries.
* Ocaml provides no way to handle this properly.
* As of 1.1.2 Felix now handles this