Re: Depends clause of control

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 08:05:26AM +1000, skaller wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 23:14 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 07:04:50AM +1000, skaller wrote:
>
> > > I have enough trouble getting just ONE package
> > > to work :)
> >
> > Fair enough, but keep this in mind for a later time.
>
> It is more than 'in mind': as mentioned, it is a goal
> that is actively being worked on, by factoring the
> existing software into packages already .. within Felix.
>
> However .. suppose I factored out the literate programming
> tool interscript .. who would upload it?

Err, the idea is to keep them in the same source package, but to generate
different binary packages. So there is only one upload.

> It's a Python program. This is an Ocaml support group.
> Do I need 6 different DD's just to release the system?

Nope.

> [And strange and alarming as it may seem .. Debian isn't
> the only OS distro around .. but I put this in [] because
> I already know Sven's answer :]

Well, ubuntu runs exactly our same debian/ocaml packages, there is not much
difference there, so if you upload stuff for debian, the ubuntu guys will
simply import them when they do a random sync.