Re: ocamlfind problem

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 10:12:46AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 19:58 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > spamoracle builds 1 bytecode arch: all package, and onenative code for those
> > arches which support native code.
> <snip>
> > Believe me, it works very well and is very nice, you should try to emulate it
> > :)
>
> Well, I saw that the bytecode result was an ELF binary and thus I didn't
> think it could be arch:all. I'll change the packaging today to use the
> spamoracle method.

You need to remove the -custom part. Make sure you don't have C bindings
though.

> It would be helpful if the dh_ocaml tool could create a variable to hold
> the correct architectures for ocaml native code, ${ocaml:NativeArches}
> or similar.

Yes, i have been thinking about this. I was thinking of putting a list of
native arches in a file somewhere in the ocaml package (maybe it is even done
already i am not sure anymore), and you can then just cat it into a
debian/rules variable, and do hand-substitutions, like i did for ocaml, and
some others.