Re: [Coqdev] Re: Commentaires sur bug Coq 708

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 11:57:24AM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:11:34 +0200 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>
> > > Well, almost ready sounds nice. I understand they mention testing,
> > > but we can do the testing together with ocaml 3.08 in the debian
> > > framework.
> >
> > Well, i have been thinking about this last night.
>
> Simply sleeping is also nice sometimes :)

Yeah ...

> > I think it is more important to get ocaml 3.08 out as soon as
> > possible.
> >
> > For coq, there is no big problem, because either upstream is going to
> > fix the build, and as said, i don't really care about they taking some
> > time for testing, this is unstable, and we should be able to package
> > this in testing stuff, since the older version would be available in
> > testing.
> >
> > Now, if the ocaml 3.08 version of coq is not available before the
> > sarge release, then no problem also. We simply upload a ocaml-3.07
> > serie of packages, and build coq with it. It is almost parallel
> > instalable, the only problem would be to have the binaries called
> > coaml-3.07 and such, and i don't know if the coq build system can cope
> > with that.
> >
> > Also, could you tell us what the other coq dependencies are ? Do you
> > need lablgtk or some other such packages ?
>
> Here is what COQ needs to build:
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.0.0), ocaml-3.07, ocaml-best-compilers,
> liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev
> (I think the only other dependency we'd have to build with 3.07 is
> lablgl).

Easy, so could you look if it would be possible to prepare a ocaml-3.07
using coq.

> The both-ocaml-versions-in-testing solution seems to me to be a nice
> fallback. I've had a quick look at the configure. It is hand-written,
> quite clean and I think it could easily be adapted to have COQ built
> with an ocamlc-3.07 or whatever.

Really cool, let's do it this way then.

What do you feel of me uploading both ocaml 3.08 and fallback 3.07 today
or tomorrow more probably, and you build coq based on those and upload
it ?