Re: Fw: [Coqdev] Re: Commentaires sur bug Coq 708

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:49:48PM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> Ok so (for non-french speakers), Hugo Herbelin says that COQ 8.0.1
> should be out monday.
>
> He wonders what we're going to do since -- as Claudio already mentioned
> it to us -- this new version still won't compile with OCaml 3.08.

Arg, ...

> Personally I'd rather have COQ 8 and OCaml 3.07 in Sarge since COQ 8 is

Me not.

> a major release (the syntax has completely changed, etc), whereas the
> changelog for OCaml is rather "small". What is the opinion of other
> debian-ocaml-maintainers on that?
>
> Hugo also mentions that the port to OCaml 3.08 is almost ready but still
> needs testing. So there is still hope to have both COQ 8 and OCaml 3.08
> in sarge.

Well, almost ready sounds nice. I understand they mention testing, but
we can do the testing together with ocaml 3.08 in the debian framework.

So i would propose once the release is done, you get those 'almost
ready' patches and apply it to the package, and upload that.