Re: patch - add an ocaml-interp binary package

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:21:48AM -0800, David Fox wrote:
I would encourage package maintainers to do a similar split, or to move the .cma and .cmi files out of the devel package into the run time package. Especially Pcre. :-)

Sure, of course lindows.com is willing to pay for this additional work,
isn't it?

What you propose is basically to separe in each libocaml* package
bytecode stuff from nativecode stuff and possibly from other things like
documentation. It's a huge amount of work and I don't think is worth the
effort.

Cheers.

Sure, why not? I don't think it will be all that much work, I tried it out on Pcre and it was pretty quick. Heck, I'll pay for it myself as long as there are no unions involved! Where should I send the check? :-)