Re: patch - add an ocaml-interp binary package

David Fox said:
> Sure, why not?  I don't think it will be all that much work, I tried it
>  out on Pcre and it was pretty quick.  Heck, I'll pay for it myself as
> long as there are no unions involved!  Where should I send the check?
> :-)

I will mail my bank account number to lindows CEO then :-)))

Seriously, we already discussed the split of bytecode/native code for
libraries a long ago (check the archive, but it wont be east due to the
bad habit of this list of not changing subject when needed). We reached
the conclusion that is not wort the effort because it will almost double
the number of ocaml debian packages and actually dpkg database has serious
scaling problem wrt the number of available packages.
Last time we discussed it we decided this disavantage overrules the
benefits. If you think pcre deserves a special treatment we can discuss
it, but it will be hard for you to convince me that it's actually the case
:)
BTW I think that the subscribers of this list are interested in knowing in
more details what you, as lindows, are doing with debian and especially
with the packages we maintain. It's nice to know our work is useful for a
company, we can think at it as a "success story" ...Maybe you can sent here a brief description of your work (possibly in a
separate thread ;-)?
TIA,

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney