Re: hppa ocaml build failure :(((

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 11:10:12AM -0600, LaMont Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 07:05:04PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Xavier, you are more aware of what might (or might not) happen here,
> > would you like to have a look, and/or continue this discussion with John ?
>
> err, you mean LaMont (me), yes?

Err, yes. LaMont is your first name, and Jones your surname ? Sorry
about hte confusion.

> > > fstd (128 bit store) is used in setjmp to save state - unless ocaml is
> > > generating its own hppa assembly (and using fstd...), then it's elsewhere.
> > I doubt it does that, but let's Xavier respond on this point.
>
> GAH!  Make that: ocaml was doing a 64-bit store (with fstd) to a 32-bit
> aligned address.  (Gotta remember to keep my architectures straight...)

Xavier ? This is your call i think.

> Since malloc always returns a 64-bit aligned address, you have to work to
> be unaligned...

Well, the bytecode interpreter and garbage collector does its own memory
stuff, and i don't think it does special assembly stuff.

But now i am confused, you told us earlier on that it had to be 16 byte
(or 128 bit) aligned, is this no more the case ?

> > Maybe it is possible that he has an account already. I remember there
> > being hppa problems two years ago or so. Don't know if it is active
> > still though.
>
> ISTR he might.

Ok.