Re: Comaintainership and Alioth

En réponse à Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 05:58:19PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Now that Alioth is working better, do some of you plan to maintain
> >   packages in alioth? I think it would be practical to comaintain
> >   packages that way. I plan to use it for some of my packages soon
> >   hence making it possible to give CVS account to maintainer without
> >   having the need to get a CVS account in the upstream CVS.
>
> Do you think we would need a separate alioth project for each package,
> or one big umbrella project, where all the ocaml debian maintainers
> have
> an account and where each package would be hold in CVS ?

If we consider one project for ocaml packages.

The pro:
- easier comaintainership because we only need one permission
  on the whole project
- no need to create a new project when packaging a new app

The cons:
- everyone can touch everyone package (?) so we have to trust
each other
- we cannot allow someone to commit in only one package (for
example, to not-yet-maintainers who want to participate)

Any more idea?

--
Jérôme Marant