Re: Debian OCaml Task Force

Ralf Treinen writes:
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:22:46AM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
SVN ( Subversion ) seems better for diff calculation and directory
administration. But i don't know if it is enough stable. ( and there is
no ocaml program to manage it ;-> )

I know hat cvs has problems with certains tasks, so why not give svn
a try.

Yes i would also like to use svn. But for now there is cons and pro users.
I don't know what to prefer ( in fact i cannot choose because there is
some strange thing with remote connection on svn which are ununderstantable
like webDAV... )

In fact, i think so really comaintained package should go there. I am
thinking of the ocaml packaging policy. For now it is just a little text
but it could grow. I think it could be clever to create a project for
it. It can train you ( i say you because i am not yet a maintainer ) to
use alioth, and maybe it will be a good place to manage ocaml policy. I
know it is not as big as the debian packaging policy but it is a
starting point ( in fact, i am a fan of docbook, maybe you can try to
use it to rewrite the policy and start adding some comments... when you
have time ).

Yes, we can use this as a training ground. However, the ocaml packaging
policy is not a package of it own. Things will be more difficult
with managing a (non debian-native) package. -Ralf.

No it is not a question of only training, it is also a common project.
Regard
Sylvain LE GALL Sylvain LE GALL