Re: Hi, packaging mldonkey, rpath + other questions

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:25:10AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> This way we not only save the archive of 4 copies of the identical
> bytecode packages, but also have the added benefit of being able to have
> either the bytecode or the native code package installed on arches which
> support both.
>
> And we build the bytecode on a possibly faster box that what would have
> been used for m68k for example.

And additionally, we can now strip the native code executables, gaining
additional size reduction of the -native package.

Note also that bytecode executables built without -custom will not get
stripped by strip :

$ ls -l fibo
-rwxr-xr-x    1 luther   luther     124555 sep  9 10:55 fibo
$ file fibo
fibo: a /usr/bin/ocamlrun script text executable
$ strip fibo
strip: fibo: Format de fichier non reconnu