Re: Hi, packaging mldonkey, rpath + other questions

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:13:19PM +0200, Goswin Brederlow wrote:
> Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> > > The problem with rpath, as far as I gathered from various falmes, is
> > > that you depend on the library your build with. Slight changes of the
> > > libraries make the binary unusable, like moving the library or version
> > > changes. Without rpath it still find the library.
> >
> > Yes, do you want to argue with upstream ?
>
> No, just fix the debian package of ocaml.

Please, submit a patch about it, and i will consider applying it ...

More seriously, as i have no idea how the rpath stuff works internally,
i am very badly placed about doing this kind of work, don't you think ?

> > > When I do "make byte" I still get an elf binary. Is there a way to
> > > make a binary-all ocaml program? Since its bytecode it seems like a
> > > big waste to have the same bytecode for every arch.
> >
> > Remove the -custom option.
>
> Great. I will build a bytecode binary-all and a optimised with
> arch=i386,alpha,...<archs that have ocamlopt>.

Yes, you could also split the package in two binaries, the first one
being a bytecode package, and arch: all, the other being a native code
package and arch: <list of supported arches>.

the second one would divert the binaries of the first one, or something
such.