Re: Plans [Re: Cameleon 1.0]

> > > If they aren't integrated is probably better to split a binary package
> > > for each tool (each of which should depends on the needed libraries) and
> > > then have a "cameleon" package which depends only on the _tools_.
> >
> >   That's what I intend to do.
>
> Agreed, so this tools are not integrated? Right? (this is not a
> criticism, I just want to know if there is a single entry point, like an
> IDE, or not)

In fact, the editors of Zoggy, Report and DBForge, are linked with Cameleon
but the code generator parts of these tools are independent (and the
editors exists in independent executables) so i think cameleon should
depend on these tools since without them you can, for example, build
your interface but not generate the OCaml code.

> >   I can see if we can store the debian directory in Debian CVS, hence
> >   we could work in team.
>
> If not, we can work directly on the upstream CVS, obviously with the
> upstream consensus, what do you think about it, Maxence?

Well i'm not an expert in configuring the CVS server. A CVS pserver
is not secure enough (as Xavier told me). A ssh access would be possible
but does it require that you have an account on an INRIA machine ?
(i'm not a CVS, nor ssh pro...). I can ask Xavier tomorrow (*he* is a pro).
I have nothing against you working in the Cameleon CVS, if it can help,
but it must be with a secure technology.
BTW, will you need to modify or add files or just have access to the
current state ? In the later case, I can setup a cron job to update
a cvs snaphost every night.

--
Maxence