Re: ocaml 3.04-5 in incoming ...

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 08:09:20AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Sven (luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr):
>
> > Notice that, i think, you still would have to depend on ocaml, altough it may
> > not be necessary, because ocaml-native-compilers depends on ocaml.
> >
> > Also, your build depend on ocaml-best-compilers cannot be a versioned
> > dependency.
>
> Hmmmm. So, yes, I will have to Build-Depends on both ocaml-best-compilers so
> that the most appropriate compiler is used...but also on ocaml so that I can
> version the Build-Depends (geneweb needs 3.04).

Yes, ...

> At this time, the most appropriate seems to be :
>
> Build-Depends: ocaml (>=3.04), ocaml-best-compilers

The more future proof version would be :

Build-Depends: ocaml (>= 3.04), ocaml (<< 3.05), ocaml-best-compilers

don't remember why to add spaces, but they are reconmmeneded, and this will
help your package not be installed if ocaml 3.05 is incompatibnle with ocaml
3.04, which may or may not be.

A commitement of the ocaml team on some more apt versionning scheme would be
nice.