Re: ocaml 3.04-5 in incoming ...

Quoting Sven (luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr):

> Changes:
>  ocaml (3.04-5) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Split ocamlc.opt, ocamlopt.opt and ocamllex.opt into the
>      ocaml-native-compilers package.
>    * The ocaml-best-compilers virtual package is provided by
>      ocaml-native-compilers if it is built and by ocaml if not.
>    * Added an ocaml-source package containing the source to ocaml for packages
>      which need them as build-depends.
>    * Applied Ian Zimmerman's caml.el patch. (Closes:#129650,#130301)

I have followed the discussion about this problem from time to time.

Are my conclusions OK : I should modify the Build-Depends of my package from
ocaml to ocaml-best-compilers, am I wrong? Then, if the optimised compiler
exist for the platform the package is built on, it will be used (my rules
files already handles this) and the normal compiler will be used if the
optimised one does not exist.