Re: ocaml 3.04-5 in incoming ...

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 07:39:14AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Sven (luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr):
> > Well, what packages do you maintain, are they very big sources, like coq,
> > where there is a sensible difference, or smaller stuff, where there is no
> > noticeable difference.
> geneweb is by far not small stuff.:-)
> Daniel de Rauglaudre, upstream author, explicitely recommends the compilation with
> optimised compilers whan available...

Ok, then build depend on ocaml-best-compilers, and do the rest of the build as

Notice that, i think, you still would have to depend on ocaml, altough it may
not be necessary, because ocaml-native-compilers depends on ocaml.

Also, your build depend on ocaml-best-compilers cannot be a versioned

Please keep me and the list informed on your experience with this new process.

Sven Luther