Re: ocaml 3.04-3 uploaded

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:32:30PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 10:46:10AM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > > Hmmm, you will have a hard work implementing a package reference counter which
> > > will not be broken when this file is edited by hand, which makes sense IMHO.
> >
> > Then what do you suggest ? None of the other ideas are perfect, maybe having a
> > separate file would be the best thing to do ?
> IMO: ld.conf is more a database file than a configuration file (think
> about dpkg's databases).
> So I propose to keep it in a place like /var/lib/ocaml, in such a way a
> user should not modify it.

Mmm, Xavier told me that ld.conf was built using /etc/ld.conf as example, so
it is more a configuration file.

Also it makes sense to let users modify them by hand, imagine people adding a
homebuilt library or something such, without any knowledge of how debian

That said, we could imagine handling 2 such databases ?