Re: xstr e netclient deb packages

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 03:57:28PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> Err, i think install is the right program to use.
I think it so, but what about changing the method used in upstream
version ?
Is better to keep unmodified the upstream version or to use install ?

> And unlike other cases, we can rely on having all the ocaml stuff installed
> under /usr/lib/ocaml, so no need for any ocamlfind. What does it do anyway ?
I thought to ocamlfind cause imho is the easiest way to package a bounce
of ocaml modules (xstr, netclient are only two of them) that use
ocaml-findlib.
I do not know a lot of ocamlfindlib, but if ocamlfind is invoked with
arg 'install', it look to the standard module dir of ocaml and try to
install a new module creating a subdir for this module.
It does not overwrite any existing dir and copy in the final dir the
files given as other args.

For example, this is the line in xstr Makfile that use ocamlfind:

install: all
 { test ! -f $(XARCHIVE) || extra="*.cmxa *.a"; }; \
 $(OCAMLFIND) install $(NAME) *.mli *.cmi *.cma META $$extra

> (err, what does it exactly do and how, i think i am familiar with the general
> idea of it).
sorry but I not know so precisely what ocamlfind do, btw if I have to
package it I'll learn it :)

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zacchiro@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"