Re: xstr e netclient deb packages

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 16:22:32 +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > very interesting question since  I always had problems with these kind
> > of install and frequently I had give up... (despite the fact that
> > the corresponding ocaml stuff was really interesting !!!)

 In fact, I think that findlib is a very good and useful tool
 and that installing debian packages without using findlib means
 loosing the possibility of writing easy Makefile.

 In fact, findlib provides two distinct functionalities w.r.t. debian
 packages:

 1) it gives back informations on packages installed using findlib
 2) it allows to install packages

 While the second one could be subsumed by the debian package, the
 first one can't. So, my proposal is why not making a debian package
 of findlib and then use findlib in debian packages instead of
 install? [Weaker proposal: same as before, but the install of
 debian is used and then, as a post-script, findlib is notified
 of the installation]

					Regards,
					C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
Graduate Computer Science Student at University of Bologna
Now at INRIA (Sophia-Antipolis, France)
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://caristudenti.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot