Re: xstr e netclient deb packages

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 07:29:40PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Does anyone whish to package netclient and xstr modules for debian ?
>
> If nobody is working on that pkgs, I can build .deb for that modules and
> pass them to somebody (Sven ?) for uploading in debian distribution.

yes, naturally, i am your sponsor after all, ...

> Tell me if I someone is already working on this ...
>
> BTW, many ocaml modules use "ocamlfind" in "install" target in Makefile.
> For debianization, may I modify Makefile using "cp" instead of
> "ocamlfind" or exists some other method (e.g. undocumented parameters
> for ocamlfind or so ...) ?

Err, i think install is the right program to use.

And unlike other cases, we can rely on having all the ocaml stuff installed
under /usr/lib/ocaml, so no need for any ocamlfind. What does it do anyway ?
(err, what does it exactly do and how, i think i am familiar with the general
idea of it).