debian packaging of findlib

Hi Gerd,
	I'm a debian applicant and I whish to package findlib for debian,
a discussion on this question is going on on the mailing list
debian-ocaml-maint@lists.debian.org (as you can see I'm ccing to this ml
and I'll be very glad if you can cc answers to that ml too).

The main point of discussion is that findlib has a db for handling ocaml
modules, but there isn't a way to add info to that db if modules are not
installaed with findlib.
My idea is that ocaml modules on a debian system will be installed from
a .deb package and not with findlib, in a post installation phase we
need a tool that permit to add info on the installed package to the
findlib db, there exists such a tool ?

Another problem: how findlib guess the dir where modules are to be
installed ?
The related question is: can we tell findlib to use different dirs for
modules ?
The problem is that on a debian system, debianized software have to be
installed in /usr tree and other software in /usr/local (not so strictly
but similar). So I wonder if in a debian system with findlib installed
may be possible to use findlib both for register modules installed from
.deb package (to /usr tree) and for handle other modules not yet
debianized in other dir (maybe /usr/local tree).

Bye,
TIA

--
	- Zack -

Stefano Zacchiroli <zacchiro@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863
Home Page: http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
Undergraduate Student of Computer Science at University of Bologna, Italy
SysAdm of verdicchio.students.cs.unibo.it (130.136.3.134)
	"Information wants to be Open"